A zen state of mind is born in the bedroom. The average person spends nearly half their lifetime in bed, cementing the importance of creating a space that invites positive energy. A feng shui bedroom plan can not only promote a balanced and serene environment, but it could also improve your quality of sleep.
When creating a feng shui bedroom, everything from finding the best mattress to correcting bed placement matters. Read on to find out how you can achieve optimal feng shui with just a few simple tweaks to your space.
Invest in the Right Mattress
Good feng shui is only possible if you have a bed that calls your name at the end of each day. No amount of rearranging can fix the sleepless nights caused by itchy sheets or squeaky bedsprings.
To create a tranquil feng shui bedroom space, start by investing in the best mattress. The most comfortable mattress choice may vary from person to person, but if you’re at a loss for where to start, a memory foam mattress is one of the best mattress options available.
In addition to having hypoallergenic properties, memory foam mattresses are regarded as one of the best mattress choices because they mold to your body and provide optimal support for your spine and back. If you share a bed, memory foam could also be the best mattress choice because you won’t sense any tossing or turning.
However, if you prefer something firmer, a hybrid could be the best mattress option for you. A hybrid mattress combines the finest elements of memory foam and innerspring mattresses, making it the best mattress choice for those who suffer from frequent body aches and need additional support. Another advantage of a hybrid is that it is regarded as the best cooling mattress because it allows better airflow. Hybrids are also the best mattress choice if you’re a side sleeper and require more firmness.
Position Your Bed Against the Wall
When designing a feng shui bedroom, repositioning your bed is the easiest way to get started. The ideal placement for your bed is against the wall and away from the door. As per feng shui rules, placing the bed directly in line with the door is believed to interrupt sleep by pulling in unwanted energy too fast. Creating symmetry with your bed placement can also promote good feng shui.
buy proscar online https://buywithoutprescriptionrxonline.com/proscar.html no prescription
To achieve optimal symmetry, consider placing your bed in the middle of the room and leaving a good amount of space on either side. The extra space also affords you the room to add a lamp, nightstand, or a small stool.
Incorporate Feng Shui Colors
Colors in brighter hues, such as a fiery red, can do more harm than good. The key to restful sleep is selecting colors that are soothing and promote a sense of serenity. Most feng shui colors are less saturated, such as off-white, beige, or peach, all of which are also ideal choices for those who have trouble sleeping.
buy reglan online https://buywithoutprescriptionrxonline.com/reglan.html no prescription
However, if you don’t want to compromise on your individuality, you can still add a pop of color with your accent pieces. In a room full of neutrals, something like a rug in brighter shades can elevate your space and promote good feng shui.
You could follow all the best feng shui practices and still feel ill at ease if your bedroom is cluttered. Any kind of a mess, even the unorganized pile of clothes stashed away in your closet, can cause stress.
When rearranging your feng shui bedroom, start by clearing out all the things you’ve stored under the bed. The open space under your bed invites good feng shui and promotes healthy energy. Getting rid of items you no longer need, such as clothes that don’t fit and mementos you’ve been hoarding, can also help you create a space that puts you at peace.
Add More Light
Neutral colored walls are usually the standard for most homes because they draw in more light than darker shades. Bringing more light into your space is one of the key elements of feng shui, so it’s best to find curtains in lighter colors to allow more light into your room.
buy renova online https://buywithoutprescriptionrxonline.com/renova.html no prescription
If your bedroom has limited exposure to natural light, you can remedy the problem by adding lamps and warm overhead lighting, both of which are especially useful if you live in an area that barely receives sunlight during the winter months. An easier way to add more light to your life is with candles.
Common Feng Shui Mistakes
Despite investing in the best mattress and following all the recommended feng shui practices, some people might not see a significant difference in energy levels. If you’ve experimented with feng shui in the past and this sounds familiar, be on the lookout for some common mistakes:
- Excessive greenery: Plants can be a great addition to any space, but keep this old saying in mind — it is possible to have too much of a good thing. Plants can promote bad feng shui and disrupt sleep because of their vibrant energy, so it’s best to keep them in the kitchen or living room.
- Hanging mirrors: While mirrors can add more warmth to your room, hanging them in your feng shui bedroom can affect your energy, especially if it hangs above your bed. This is because mirrors invite more light and amplify every little sound, which can disrupt your sleep.
- Placing a TV: Nothing interrupts the flow of good feng shui like placing a TV in your bedroom. Watching TV before bed is known to disrupt sleep cycles. By removing the TV from your feng shui bedroom, you will not only have more open space, but you’ll also be able to engage in meaningful conversations before bed or catch up on reading.
- Too much artwork: Art can certainly enhance your space, but hanging too many pieces can make your room seem cluttered and claustrophobic. To avoid going overboard, it’s recommended to hang one main piece that evokes a pleasant feeling.
- Bringing work into the bedroom: A feng shui bedroom is a place for rest and relaxation — nothing more. Keep all work-related materials out of your bedroom to help you unwind better.
From finding the best mattress to rearranging the layout of your bedroom, feng shui plans can seem intimidating. But it’s essential to remember that your feng shui bedroom is still your space, which means you can adapt the principles to your preferences and lifestyle. So get rid of that clutter, follow some well-known feng shui tips, and upgrade your room to achieve instant inner zen.