Action on Crime Against Minority In USA:
– A man from minority is murdered by a Policeman
– The murder is a sheer example of police brutality
– The Cop is immediately suspended
– The Cop is also charged with murder and manslaughter
– The people of US protest (despite the Government action) for their rights.
– They protest against the institutionalized hatred against minority community to be ended
– The President of USA has to go into hiding in a bunker (as reported)
– The people continue to protest
Action on Crimes Against Minority In India:
– People from minority get murdered by those in power. It’s almost a routine.
– No one is suspended, no one is charged
– Sometimes the murderers are garlanded by Government Ministers
– Sometimes the murderers are given election tickets and become MLAs and MPs
– Inflammatory speeches are made against the minority community by the People in Power and elected representatives
– Protests, if any, are shunned. Protesters are picked up and jailed and brutally beaten inside the jail even when they were being peaceful.
– Protesters are beaten, water cannoned, tear gassed, shot with pellet guns
– Police brutality is well documented on videos which go viral.
– The protesters are called “Desh Drohis“
– Slogans of “Goli Maaro Saalon Ko” are given by elected representatives in power.
– The Prime Minister comes on TV and does not even mention the crimes against minority (no bunker needed)
– The Prime Minister says “Sab Changa Si“
– The Nation claps and elects the same Government again.
And we have people from India showing solidarity with the #BlackLivesMatter protests in the USA?
Don’t the lives of minorities, the poor, the underprivileged matter in India?
Disclaimer: Ack Thoo on your Hypocrisy, Indians!!!!!
This post on Crimes against Minority was first published by Darshan Mondkar on his Facebook Timeline.